Toward a Community Solution: Advancing Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women
March 17, 2005
Presenters: Larry Cohen and Lisa Fujie-Parks, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome to work toward to prevent violence against women.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value to the anti-violence against women movement.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies to prevent violence against women.
Materials & Additional Resources
- Presentation Slides PDF
- Prevention Institute Overview PDF
- Prevention Institute Capacity Statement PDF
- Spectrum of Prevention Overview PDF
- Spectrum of Prevention: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Injury Prevention PDF
Complete the post-conference learning activity:
- Mapping activities along the Spectrum of Prevention PDF