September 14, 2006
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
Presenters: Larry Cohen and Lisa Fujie Parks, Prevention Institute
- Elena O. Lingas, DrPH, MPH, Berkeley Media Studies Group
- Lisa Lederer, PR Solutions (Media Consultant to the Family Violence Prevention Fund)
This dialog included a basic overview of the use of framing as a communications tool for violence against women prevention. Invited guests will discussed the kinds of frames that can be applied and, using sexual violence prevention as an example, explored potential frames and messages.
- Learn about framing as a communications tool.
- Discuss the use of framing to advance violence against women prevention advocacy.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning and dialog.