November 30, 2006
Presenters: Larry Cohen, Rachel Davis, Greta Tubbesing, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
This popular web conference sets the foundation for Prevention Connection Web Conferences. The Spectrum of Prevention is introduced as a strategy to change norms to prevent violence against women. This web conference is a repeat of the web conferences held in March 2005, June 2005 and February 2006.
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning.
This web conference has been modified into two on-line Presentations. Each is less than 10 minutes in length and designed for training on the topics covered in this week conference.
- Changing Norms to Prevent Violence Against Women
- Using the Spectrum of Prevention to Develop Comprehensive Strategies to Prevent Violence Against Women
- Post-Forum Worksheet PDF
- Prevention Institute Overview PDF
- Prevention Institute Capacity Statement PDF
- Spectrum of Prevention Overview PDF
- Spectrum of Prevention: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Injury Prevention PDF
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexual violence prevention: beginning the dialogue. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2004. PDF