Toward a Community Solution: Advancing Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women
Presenters: Elizabeth Waiters & Nicole Kravitz-Wirtz, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
This popular web conference sets the foundation for Prevention Connection Web Conferences. The Spectrum of Prevention is introduced as a strategy to change norms to prevent violence against women. This web conference was a repeat of the web conferences held in March 2005, June 2005, February 2006 and November 2006.
- Presentation: 1 Slide Per Page, Color [PDF ]
- Presentation: 3 Slides Per Page, B&W [PDF]
- Post-Forum Worksheet [PDF ]
- Prevention Institute Overview [PDF]
- Prevention Institute Capacity Statement [PDF (86 KB)]
- Spectrum of Prevention Overview [PDF (53 KB)]
- Spectrum of Prevention: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Injury Prevention [PDF]
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Beginning the Dialogue
A recording of the session will be posted after the session. Recordings of other web conference can be found here.
The content of this web conference has been modified into two on-line Presentations. Each is less than 10 minutes in length and designed for training on the topics covered in this week conference.
- Changing Norms to Prevent Violence Against Women
- The Spectrum of Prevention to Develop Comprehensive Strategies to Prevent Violence Against Women
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning.
Leave a Reply