Turf is not a four letter word: Advancing violence against women prevention partnerships
Host: David S. Lee, Prevention Connection
Presenters: Larry Cohen and Elizabeth Waiters, Prevention Institute
- Wendy Loomas, Pinellas County Domestic Violence Task Force & Florida Dept. of Health
- Dick Bathrick, Men Stopping Violence, Atlanta, GA
Effective prevention efforts involve many partners from different sectors, disciplines and organizations. While these partners agree on the end goal of preventing violence against women, many conflicts may arise, including those associated with “turf.” As part of Prevention Connection’s focus on the Building Coalitions and Networks, this web conference explored how to overcome challenges in struggles over turf in violence against women partnerships.
- The video recording of this session is no longer available.
- Audio Recording [MP3]
- Audio Transcript [PDF]
- Text Chat Transcript [PDF]
- Slides (1 per page, color) [PDF]
- Handouts (3 per page, black & white) [PDF]
- The Tension of Turf: Making It Work for the Coalition (Prevention Institute) [PDF]
- Men Stopping Violence’s Mission and Philosophy State [PDF]
- Men Stopping Violence’s Core Principles [PDF]
- Men Stopping Violence’s Program Descriptions [PDF]
- Describe turf, turf-ism and types of turf struggles.
- Present tools and tips for managing turf issues effectively.
- Explore turf issues commonly experienced within violence against women prevention partnerships and brainstorm strategies to address them.