Toward a Community Solution: Advancing Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women
Presenters: Elizabeth Waiters & Margo Brown, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
This web conference set the theoretical foundation for the Prevention Connection Web Conference series. The focus of the web conference was the Spectrum of Prevention, which was introduced as a strategy to change social norms to prevent violence against women. This web conference was a repeat of the web conferences held in March 2005, June 2005, February 2006, November 2006, and December 2007.
- Presentation: 1 Slide Per Page, Color [PDF]
- Presentation: 3 Slides Per Page, B&W [PDF]
- Post-Forum Worksheet [PDF]
- Prevention Institute Overview [PDF]
- Prevention Institute Capacity Statement [PDF]
- Spectrum of Prevention Overview [PDF]
- Spectrum of Prevention: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Injury Prevention [PDF]
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Beginning the Dialogue
- A recording of the session will be posted after the session
The content of past repeats of this conference are available as Online Presentations. Each presentation is less than 10 minutes in length and designed for training on the topics covered in this conference.
- Changing Norms to Prevent Violence Against Women
- The Spectrum of Prevention to Develop Comprehensive Strategies to Prevent Violence Against Women
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning.
Leave a Reply