Welcome to Green Dot!
As mentioned in an earlier post, Green Dot comes to California, CALCASA is excited to collaborate with Green Dot, et. cetera, Inc., sponsored by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), to bring the program to CALCASA Member Agencies. After receiving 20 requests for proposals, we are excited to announce that the eight pilot sites have been selected!
The quality of the applications CALCASA received was very high and we had great difficulty narrowing down so many strong proposals to just 8 agencies, however, we are excited to welcome the following 8 centers as Green Dot Pilot Sites:
- Antelope Valley Domestic Violence Council – Los Angeles County
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence Coalition (DVSAC) – Nevada County
- North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center – Santa Barbara County
- PEACE for Families – Placer County
- Rape Crisis Intervention and Prevention – Butte, Glenn and Tehama County
- Verity – Sonoma County
- Women’s Crisis Support~Defensa de Mujeres – Santa Cruz County
- YWCA of Silicon Valley – Santa Clara County
During the next year, CALCASA and the selected agencies will explore how Green Dot works, learn lessons about implementation and evaluate how this program can support California’s rape crisis centers.
Congratulations to these centers and we look forward to the new adventures this program will offer!