PreventConnect is pleased to partner with the Ms. Foundation for Women to host a new web conference series on ending child sexual abuse. During 2012 there will be 9 web conferences to explore themes of how to end child sexual abuse and build the network of those committed to addressing this issue.
The first web conference on May 3, 2012, is titled “Including Efforts to End Child Sexual Abuse within the Sexual Violence Prevention Movement.” This session focuses on the power and possibilities of local, statewide and national strategies to highlight child sexual abuse prevention as foundational to sexual violence prevention efforts throughout the lifespan.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Sponsor: Ms. Foundation for Women
Web Conference Facilitators: Joan Tabachnick and Cordelia Anderson
- Sally J. Laskey, Director Special Projects, National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Donna Dunn, Executive Director, Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Gina Scaramella, Executive Director, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Slides [PDF]
- Recording [Click here]
- Chat [PDF]
- Post Session Blog The future is in our Past: Report from the Ending Child Sexual Abuse web conference
- Summary of 2012 Ending Child Sexual Abuse Web Conference Series: Courageous conversations – the place to be: Ending Child Sexual Abuse web conference series
- Increased understanding of how ending child sexual abuse is relevant to sexual violence prevention efforts throughout the lifespan.
- Expanded knowledge of local, state and national efforts to end child sexual abuse.
- Ability to identify three actions that organizations can take to integrate prevention across the lifespan.