DELTA Countdown: Resources for domestic violence prevention
On May 7-8, 2012, representatives from 38 state domestic violence coalitions, national resource centers and the CDC gathered at the National Prevention Symposium to strengthen domestic violence prevention efforts, and highlight the work of the DELTA and DELTA PREP programs.
One of the most exiting workshops was the DELTA Countdown that shared resources and tools developed by DELTA grantees to support prevention efforts.
I recommend you check out these great resources to support building capacity to develop, implement and evaluate prevention programs.
- All the great work that coalitions are doing to promote social change that will lead to prevent domestic violence
- Virginia’s Building Healthy Futures Fund to raise funds for prevention
- The Red Flag Campaign to prevent violence on campus
- Alaska Youth Leadership program Stand Up Speak Out
- EVE’s PEACE Toolkit: ending violence with policies to enhance & create equity (for Faith Leaders)
- Safe and Respectful Relationships for All, Delaware Model Unit for schools on healthy relationships
- Domestic Violence Prevention Organizational Capacity Assessment from the Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- High School Evaluation: “plug and use” tool to analyze pre- and post-test data from the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Empowerment Evaluation Toolkit (listen to the Ohio Domestic Violence Network discuss this resource on a PreventConnect podcast)
- Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence & Intimate Partner Violence from (listen to the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance discuss this resource on a PreventConnect podcast)