Participation in the Peer Learning Forum is restricted to state and territorial RPE grantees, state DELTA FOCUS grantees, state/territorial sexual violence coalitions and state/territorial domestic violence coalitions.
Peer Learning Forums are PreventConnect’s online forum for sexual violence and domestic violence prevention practitioners to learn from each other to strengthen their prevention work. The Peer Learning Forum is designed to go deeper into prevention topics in a series of three web conferences with a targeted audience. Peer Learning Forums will include use of online resources such as podcasts and eLearning units.
Shaping perceptions of sexual and domestic violence for prevention: The power of public narratives
- Session 1: Wednesday April 30, 2014
- Session 2: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Session 3: Wednesday, May 28, 2014
- If you did not attend the 1st session and would like to register, please email [email protected]
All session will take place 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern Time (1:00-2:30pm Central Time; noon-1:30 Mountain Time; 11:00am – 12:30pm Pacific Time; 10:00 – 11:30am Alaska Time; 8:00 – 9:30am Hawaii Time)
Hosts: Ashley Maier & David S. Lee, PreventConnect, CALCASA
Facilitator: Dave Mann, Grassroots Policy Project
Invited Guests for Session 2:
- Lori Grassgreen, Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Julia Smith, Sitkans Against Family Violence
- Ati Nasiah, AWARE, Inc.
Invited Guests for Session 3:
- Noel Duckworth and Lauren Camphausen, Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Slides [PDF]
- Text Chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
- Shifting Public Narratives Guidelines (PDF)
- Sample Process for Developing New Narrative (PDF)
- Examples of Opportunities for Shifting Narratives in Your Work (PDF)
By the end of the series, participants will be able to
- Articulate a definition/description of public narratives.
- Provide at least 1 example of how public narratives have been used in sexual and domestic violence prevention work.
- Identify at least 1 way public narratives limit sexual and domestic violence prevention work.
- List at least 2 ways public narratives can enhance your sexual and domestic violence prevention work.
SAVE THE DATE for the next Peer Learning Forum Series
Better Multi-Sector Partnerships:
What does it really take to work across sectors to prevent sexual and domestic violence?
July 16, July 30, and August 13, 2014, 2pm-3:30 Eastern Time (11am – 12:30pm Pacific Time)
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.