Thursday, March 26, 2015
- Recording Click Here
- Slides [PDF]
- Kearns, MC, Reidy, DE, Valle, LA (2015), The Role of Alcohol Policies in Preventing Intimate Partner Violence: A Review of the Literature, Journal of the Study of Alcohol and Drugs. 2015 Jan;76(1):21-30.
- Lippy, C, DeGue, S., Trauma Violence and Abuse. Exploring Alcohol Policy Approaches to Prevent Sexual Violence, ePublished 2014 Nov 16
- Key Findings: Exploring Alcohol Policy Approaches to Prevent Sexual Violence (from National Sexual Violence Resource Center)
- Transcript [PDF]
- Text Chat [PDF]
By the end of this web conference, participants will be able to
- Describe the challenges in addressing alcohol in sexual violence and intimate partner violence prevention efforts
- Describe the opportunities that addressing alcohol policy provides for sexual violence and intimate partner violence prevention efforts
- identify the next action they will take to address alcohol policy in their own prevention work
- Sarah Degue, Ph.D., Behavioral Scientist, Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Megan Kearns, Ph.D, Behavioral Scientist, Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Caroline Lippy, Ph.D., Evaluation & Research Consultant The Northwest Network of Bisexual, Trans, Lesbian & Gay Survivors of Abuse
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.