Back by popular demand! From Foundations to the Future: A prevention approach to sexual and domestic violence
Interested in preventing sexual and domestic violence in your community? Want to engage in a discussion about the underlying causes of sexual and domestic violence and understand how to effectively address these root causes? Join Prevention Institute’s Annie Lyles along with special guests for this introductory web conference reviewing the fundamentals of a public health approach to preventing violence. Highlighting promising, innovative practices, they will discuss how to use the Spectrum of Prevention to create comprehensive strategies. This web conference will also focus on five norms that make sexual and domestic violence more likely to occur and share strategies to effectively shift norms and prevent violence.
By the end of this web conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a public health approach to preventing sexual and domestic violence.
- Articulate the differences between primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and provide examples of effective primary prevention strategies.
- Engage in a candid discussion about how to shift five identified norms that contribute to sexual and domestic violence.
- Janell Regimbal, Vice President of Children’s Services at Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota
- Jarrod Chin, Director of Training and Curriculum at The Center for the Study of Sport in Society at Northeastern University
- Dan Lebowitz, Executive Director of The Center for the Study of Sport in Society at Northeastern University
From Tuesday, June 2, 2015:
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.