This web conference will build on findings from a recent analysis for the Defending Childhood initiative about the role of multiple sectors in preventing children and young people’s exposure to violence. Guests will share joint strategies identified as the most promising for health, education, justice and the community. A discussion will follow on the value and challenges of bringing together multiple sectors.
By the end of this web conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential cross-sector partnerships for their agency or organization
- Utilize tools to guide their collaboration process, increase efficiency, and expand impact
- List joint strategies ripe for partnership
- Abdul Hafeedh bin Abdullah, Community Health Worker and Educator, S.T.R.Y.V.E., Multnomah County Health Department
- Erin Fairchild, Definding Childhood Initiative Program Coordinator, Domestic Violence Coordination Office, Multnomah County Health Department.
- Fern Gilkerson, Health Education Specialist and Project Connect Manager, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.