Request for Workshop Proposals – National Sexual Assault Conference 2020
The California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA) has announced the Request for Proposals for the 2020 National Sexual Assault Conference (NSAC). The conference, which will take place September 2-4, 2020 in Anaheim, California, brings together over 1,700 individuals who are invested in ending sexual violence.
NSAC raises the profile of sexual violence as a community issue that requires bold actions to change the social inequities that create and perpetuate sexual violence. In other words, prevention is a major focus area and that is further expressed in the 2020 theme – “Bold Moves: Equity Now”.
Here is the description for Prevention track proposals:
Presentation or workshop submissions to the Prevention track should describe efforts to engage communities in the primary prevention of sexual assault. Submissions should feature evidence based or evidence informed work that draws on the best available research or presents current research that can inform the sexual violence prevention practice field.
Priority will be given to submissions that:
- Contribute to understanding of comprehensive approaches with preventive interventions at multiple levels of the social ecological model
- Emphasize community and societal level strategies
- Inform the prevention program planning, implementation and evaluation efforts of state recipients from the Rape Prevention and Education program of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, their partners and/or the programs they support
- Feature emerging topics relevant to the sexual violence prevention research and/or practice field
- Include programs or topics related to underserved communities.
NSAC is a great opportunity to connect with other prevention practitioners and share learnings, insights, and research. Learn more about submitting a proposal here. Proposals must be submitted by December 23, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.