Let’s Connect: Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention During a Pandemic
PreventConnect is a platform for sexual and intimate partner violence practitioners to connect virtually, and virtual connection is crucial now more than ever. Join PreventConnect and state-level DELTA Impact and RPE technical assistance providers to be in community and converse about how we can continue our work to prevent violence during challenging times. PreventConnect will share online resources for maintaining prevention conversations, and identify the important connections between community- and societal-level prevention efforts and their impacts during pandemics and natural disasters. Participants will have the opportunity to share how they have adapted prevention activities, and PreventConnect will open the audio lines to hear from you. Connect with us in the best way PreventConnect knows how: online.
- Describe challenges and opportunities for advancing sexual and intimate partner violence prevention during the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify ways to stay connected with the field remotely
- Discuss implications for community- and societal-level prevention strategies
- Web Conference PowerPoint slides [PDF]
- Alejandra Aguilar, Statewide Prevention Specialist, California Partnership to End Domestic Violence
- Sarah Orton, Project Coordinator, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault