Preventing Sexual and Domestic Violence in Rural Communities: From Resistance to Resilience
What does sexual and intimate partner violence prevention look like in rural communities, and how can state-level partners support rural prevention? Join PreventConnect on this web conference to learn from two RPE-funded local programs and a state coalition and their local program about the challenges, opportunities, and successes in preventing sexual and intimate partner violence in rural communities. Every rural community is different, and this web conference will explore how prevention practitioners center community in their approaches while advancing prevention across forms of oppression and community health and safety concerns.
- Describe the landscape of sexual and intimate partner violence prevention in rural communities
- Identify challenges and opportunities for prevention in rural communities
- Engage in a discussion about addressing considerations for sexual and domestic violence prevention in rural communities
HOSTS/FACILITATORS: Ashleigh Klein-Jimenez & Tori VandeLinde, PreventConnect and CALCASA
- Web conference slides [PDF]
- Resources shared during the web conference [PDF]
- Text Chat Transcript [PDF]
- x̌sɫcawt marketing materials and FAQ sheet [PDF]
- Alison Price, Community Engagement Program Manager, Rural Resources Victim Services
- Jessica Bender, Community Coordinator, Family Refuge Center
- Jennifer Martínez, Bilingual Social Change Associate/Organizer, Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
- Monica Reyna, Violence Prevention Educator, The Advocates for Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Darell Harris, Social Change Coordinator, The Advocates for Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Wow! So glad this topic is being covered. It is needed here in rural Illinois.
This was an awesome webinar. So many great and imaginative ideas to get into the communities being served. Thank you for presenting this and to all the presenters.