Community Engagement Pt. 2: Authenticity in Practice
This workshop will focus on expanding on foundational knowledge from Community Engagement: Intentionality and Health Equity, exploring strategies for CDC recipients to partner with impacted communities in designing and implementing prevention strategies . Join PreventConnect, as we learn about New Jersey’s Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) Engaging Men and Boys Initiative being implemented in collaboration with the New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence and their Community Liaisons. This discussion will be focused on their collaborative prevention strategies and lessons learned in collaborative leadership.
- Describe how shared leadership models can be utilized within public health departments to engage communities and advance health equity
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and share power with communities to achieve project outcomes
- Strengthen implementation skills within shared-leadership models of sexual and intimate partner violence prevention
- Wil Dubose, New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence
- Tim Gregory, The Huddle South Jersey
- Carter Paterson, Father Center of New Jersey