PreventConnect is pleased to annouce its 2013 series of web conferences. As PreventConnect's David Lee explains in the introductory video below, this year's web conferences will focus on the theme, Preventing Sexual and Domestic Violence: Learning from the evidence of practice to create community action. Web conferences in this series look at lessons learned from local prevention initiatives, how to use multiple types of evidence to advance prevention work, and using gender transformative strategies to prevent sexual and domestic violence. Watch the message from David Lee below to learn more about the series.
PreventConnect's David Lee introduces the 2013 web conference series.
Preventing Sexual and Domestic Violence: Learning from the evidence of practice to create community action:
Materials and Recordings Now Available
Upcoming Web Conferences
- Tuesday, April 23: Indicators of Change: Meaningful Ways to Measure Success in Preventing Sexual and Domestic Violence (in collaboration with Prevention Institute)
- Friday, May 10: Understanding Evidence: A Demonstration of CDC's Interactive Tool to Support Evidence-Based Decision Making for Technical Assistance Providers (in collaboration with Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Wednesday, May 15: Start Strong: Lessons learned from a four-year initiative to promote healthy relationships and prevent teen dating violence (in collaboration with Futures without Violence)
- Thursday, June 20: Shifting Boundaries: Lessons Learned from Implementing a Sexual Violence Prevention Program (with Nan Stein, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault)
- Tuesday, July 9: Primary Prevention in the context of a traumatized community (in collaboration with Prevention Institute)
- Tuesday, July 16: Understanding Evidence: An Interactive Web Resource for Evidence-Based Decision Making in Sexual Violence and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention (in collaboration with Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tuesday, July 30: Gender Transformative Programs: Lessons Learned from HIV Prevention and other health program (with National Gender Council and EngenderHealth)
- Tuesday, September 17: Bystander Intervention: Continuing Discussion (in collaboration with Mentors in Violence Prevention)
Subscribe to PreventConnect's newsletter to receive notice when registration for each web conference opens!
Stay Connected with the PreventConnect App for iPhone and Android.