Toward a Community Solution: Advancing Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women
Presenters: Elizabeth Waiters & Nicole Kravitz-Wirtz, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
This popular web conference sets the foundation for Prevention Connection Web Conferences. The Spectrum of Prevention is introduced as a strategy to change norms to prevent violence against women. This web conference was a repeat of the web conferences held in March 2005, June 2005, February 2006 and November 2006.
- Presentation: 1 Slide Per Page, Color [PDF ]
- Presentation: 3 Slides Per Page, B&W [PDF]
- Post-Forum Worksheet [PDF ]
- Prevention Institute Overview [PDF]
- Prevention Institute Capacity Statement [PDF (86 KB)]
- Spectrum of Prevention Overview [PDF (53 KB)]
- Spectrum of Prevention: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Injury Prevention [PDF]
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Beginning the Dialogue
The content of this web conference has been modified into two on-line Presentations. Each is less than 10 minutes in length and designed for training on the topics covered in this week conference.
- Changing Norms to Prevent Violence Against Women
- The Spectrum of Prevention to Develop Comprehensive Strategies to Prevent Violence Against Women
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning.