Integrating Health Equity Into Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention: E4 Violence Prevention Strategy Selection Framework (Session 2)
This web conference was open to CDC RPE and DELTA AHEAD recipients and sub recipients.
Session 1 in PreventConnect’s web conference series, Integrating Health Equity Into Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention, explored opportunities to advance health equity through the core components of a violence prevention initiative. In session 2, we’ll continue to examine health equity by exploring how to ensure that the prevention strategies we choose are aligned with Health Equity and impactful to our communities through applicable, real-world examples of a framework designed by the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence called E4.
E4 is a tool that asks violence prevention practitioners to centralize how power operates in decision-making processes through a process of screening prevention approaches based on four factors:
- Is it equitable?
- Is it effective?
- Is it ethical?
- Is it efficient?
Join PreventConnect and the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence for a hands-on explanation of E4, how to use it and how it has been used to advance prevention in communities across Indiana.
- Gain deeper understanding of health equity frameworks in sexual violence prevention.
- Translate concepts of health equity into practical on-the-ground program development and implementation.
- Create cross-cutting strategies and partnerships to address social determinants of health and prevent violence in local communities.
- Colleen Yeakle, Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- PowerPoint slides [PDF]
- E4 Strategy Selection Framework [PDF]
- Planning for Pivots Worksheet [Word doc]
- Text chat [coming soon]