Identifying Solutions to School-Based Prevention Programming Resistance: Key themes and takeaways from PreventConnect’s Town Hall
A new PreventConnect resource, Identifying Solutions to School-Based Prevention Programming Resistance, offers strategies developed by sexual and intimate partner violence prevention practitioners to advance prevention when facing resistance, pushback, and backlash.
Drawn from conversations in the August 2023 PreventConnect Prevention Town Hall, this resource highlights key themes from presenters and participants facing barriers to implementing sexual and intimate partner violence prevention programming in K-12 schools. These themes include:
- Leveraging policy
- Adapting prevention messaging
- Engaging youth outside of school settings
- Fostering strategic relationships
- Harnessing youth power and leadership
- Pivoting to community-level strategies.
You can download the resource here.