Growing boys into men
Growing Boys Into Men: Countering Traditional Masculinity Through Norms Change
Countering norms that reinforce traditional masculinity is an opportunity to prevent violence in a lasting, comprehensive way. This web conference will highlight specific strategies and efforts that seeks to change norms related to gendered violence. Different norms will be examined with regard to their historical context, distinct challenges, and opportunities for collaborative work.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010, repeated on Thursday, May 27, 2010
Presenter: Annie Lyles, Xavier Morales and Christine Chang, Prevention Institute
- Jerry Tello, Therapist, Author, and Performer
- Craig Norberg-Bohm, Men’s Initiative Coordinator, Jane Doe Inc.
- Understand how norms create an environment in which violence is more likely to occur.
- Provide examples of successes from people and organizations working to counter norms of traditional masculinity.
- Identify strategies being used to effectively counter and change norms.
- Identify potential indicators for measuring progress in norms change.
To Learn More and Register, Visit Our Website: http://www.preventconnect.org
Real-Time Captioning Available: Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.