This web conference is the third in a series of nine web conferences on Ending Child Sexual Abuse. This is a collaboration between PreventConnect and Ms. Foundation for Women. Please see the materials and recordings from the previous web conference “Working with the Media to End Child Sexual Abuse.”
The third web conference on July 19, 2012, is titled “Preventing the Perpetration of Child Sexual Abuse.” If we are serious about ending child sexual abuse, then we need to pay attention to why there are so many adults, adolescents and even children who perpetrate acts of sexual abuse. In this web conference, two national experts, Joan Tabachnick and David Prescott, bring a wealth of information about what we know (and don’t know) about those who sexually abuse. Through this brief web conference, we will explore the research available about the adults who have sexually offended as well as the sexually abusive adolescents and children with sexual behavior problems. The speakers will also explore how this information can be/has been useful to the development of prevention programs.
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Sponsor: Ms. Foundation for Women
Hosts: Cordelia Anderson
- Joan Tabachnick, DSM Consulting
- David Prescott, Director of Professional Development and Quality Improvement for the Becket Family of Services in Northern New England
- Identify risk and protective factors for perpetration.
- Identify emerging research topics that can be useful to prevention programming.
- Describe three strategies for strengthening efforts to prevent the perpetration of sexual abuse.