This web conference is the fourth in a series of nine web conferences on Ending Child Sexual Abuse. This is a collaboration between PreventConnect and Ms. Foundation for Women. Please see the materials and recordings from the previous web conference “Preventing the Perpetration of Child Sexual Abuse.”
The fourth web conference on August 30, 2012 is titled “Voices of experience: the role of direct experience in efforts to end child sexual abuse.” Adult survivors, their families, and many others affected by sexual violence have been powerful in raising awareness of the problem of child sexual abuse throughout the history of this work. This web conference focuses on practical ways to engage voices of experience in prevention efforts.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
Sponsor: Ms. Foundation for Women
Hosts: Joan Tabachnick, Cordelia Anderson
- Amita Swadhin, Ping Chong – Secret Survivors, amitaswadhin.com
- Randy Ellison, Board President for Oregon Abuse Advocates and Survivors in Service (OASSIS)
- Define voices of experience.
- Identify programs and strategies underway using VOE for prevention.
- Identify 2 ways you can begin or expand your efforts to use VOE for prevention.
Overall Series Goals:
- Raise the visibility and level of dialogue about child sexual abuse within the larger prevention community.
- Build new communities who care deeply about children to involve them in the child sexual abuse prevention movement.
- Increase attention to ending child sexual abuse and the level of knowledge, resources and possible action to child sexual abuse prevention.