Healthy sexuality & caring connections: Foundations for prevention
This web conference is the fifth in a series of nine web conferences on Ending Child Sexual Abuse. This is a collaboration between PreventConnect and Ms. Foundation for Women. Please see the materials and recordings from the previous web conference “Voices of experience: the role of direct experience in efforts to end child sexual abuse.”
The fourth web conference on September 10, 2012 is titled “Healthy Sexuality & Caring Connections: Foundations for Prevention.” A clear understanding of healthy sexuality, healthy sexual development and healthy relationships offers individuals, families and communities a foundation to talk about a full spectrum of behaviors. More importantly, this foundation offers everyone a major tool needed to prevent child sexual abuse. This web conference focuses on practical information as well as ways to engage families and communities in these conversations.
Monday, September 10, 2012
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
Sponsor: Ms. Foundation for Women
Hosts: Joan Tobachnick, Cordelia Anderson
- Geraldine Crisci
- Rev. Debra Haffner, Religious Institute
- Slides [2 per page PDF]
- Text chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here]
- Post Web Conference blog [click here]
- Define healthy sexuality and caring connections.
- Identify strategies for engaging families and communities in these conversations.
- Identify 2 ways you can integrate this information into your work.
Overall Series Goals:
- Raise the visibility and level of dialogue about child sexual abuse within the larger prevention community.
- Build new communities who care deeply about children to involve them in the child sexual abuse prevention movement.
- Increase attention to ending child sexual abuse and the level of knowledge, resources and possible action to child sexual abuse prevention.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
[…] Cada charla tiene un tema interesante, por ejemplo, la anterior a la que detallaré se llama Healthy sexuality and caring connections: Foundations for prevention. La charla de la que voy a hablar se llama The Role of Arts in Ending Child Sexual Abuse. Pueden […]
[…] Healthy Sexuality and Caring Connections: Foundations for Prevention […]