Monday, December 10, 2012
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
This web conference is the last in a series of nine web conferences on Ending Child Sexual Abuse. This is a collaboration between PreventConnect and Ms. Foundation for Women. Please see the materials and recordings from the previous web conference, “After Sandusky: What we have learned to prevent CSA in youth-serving organizations.“
This last web conference is titled “Policy changes that help and hinder our ability to end child sexual abuse (CSA).”
On many issues, it has been proven over and over again, that education alone will not change a trajectory towards harm. What has made a large impact are the very real shifts in the cultural climate and political will of policymakers to address the sexual harm of children. This webinar will provide an understanding of current policy approaches to preventing CSA – both intended and unintended consequences as well as the efforts underway to strengthen a CSA prevention policy agenda.
Sponsor: Ms. Foundation for Women
Host: Joan Tabachnick & Cordelia Anderson
- Participants will be able to name three current child sexual abuse and exploitation prevention policies.
- Participants will be able to state the intended and unintended consequences of three existing child sexual abuse or exploitation prevention policies.
- Participants will be able to name one or two action steps to create better policies in their organization, community, or in state or federal legislation.
Overall Series Goals:
- Raise the visibility and level of dialogue about child sexual abuse within the larger prevention community.
- Build new communities who care deeply about children to involve them in the child sexual abuse prevention movement.
- Increase attention to ending child sexual abuse and the level of knowledge, resources and possible action to child sexual abuse prevention.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.