Public Sector Partnerships: The role of local government in sexual and domestic violence prevention initiatives
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
What can your local government’s agencies and departments do to prevent sexual and domestic violence? This web conference will examine strategies local governments across the country have taken to support prevention. We’ll highlight case studies featuring creative and effective strategies and discuss place specific challenges and assets. This web conference will also feature an introduction to a tool kit developed by Prevention Institute designed to help violence prevention initiatives develop valuable and mission relevant roles for their local government partners.
- Annie Lyles and Benita Tsao, Prevention Institute
- Felice McClenon and Cio Hernandez, Marin County Health Department
- Chris Gunther, New Orleans Health Department
- Slides [PDF]
- Text chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
- A Multi-Sector Approach to Preventing Violence Companion Guide
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify successful prevention strategies that have been implemented in the local government sector
- Discuss benefits and considerations of partnering with the public sector
- Utilize the tool kit to increase implementation and effectiveness
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.