Participation in the Peer Learning Forum is restricted to state and territorial RPE grantees, state DELTA FOCUS grantees, state/territorial sexual violence coalitions and state/territorial domestic violence coalitions.
Peer Learning Forums are PreventConnect’s online forum for sexual violence and domestic violence prevention practitioners to learn from each other to strengthen their prevention work. The Peer Learning Forum is designed to go deeper into prevention topics in a series of three web conferences with a targeted audience. Peer Learning Forums include use of online resources such as podcasts and eLearning units.
Join the second Peer Learning Forum of 2014! Utilizing PreventConnect’s well-known web conference format, these forums each consist of a series of three connected web conferences that explore prevention topics in depth and allow for dynamic audience interaction. Our latest three-part series offers participants an opportunity to creatively think through the practical applications of cross sector collaboration. Together we’ll explore the process of developing collaborative strategies that span multiple forms for violence and lend themselves to a comprehensive approach for preventing sexual and domestic violence. Expert guests will share examples from the field and discuss challenges to forming their partnerships as well as tools and resources that can be used to guide the collaborative process.
- What are shared risk and resilience factors and how do we talk about them with those outside of the public health field?
- What can the movement do collectively to better position itself for impactful multi-sector partnerships?
- What are the benefits of addressing multiple forms of violence in one initiative? What do we risk in that approach?
- What are some shared strategies a multi-sector approach could support?
Better multi-sector partnerships: What does it really take to work across sectors to prevent sexual and domestic violence?
- Session 1: Wednesday July 16, 2014
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- Session 3: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
All session will take place 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern Time (1:00-2:30pm Central Time; noon-1:30 Mountain Time; 11:00am – 12:30pm Pacific Time; 10:00 – 11:30am Alaska Time; 8:00 – 9:30am Hawaii Time). If you were unable to register for session 1 (and therefore all three sessions), please email [email protected] to request registration.
Hosts: Ashley Maier & David S. Lee, PreventConnect, CALCASA
Facilitator: Annie Lyles, Prevention Institute
- Ethleen Iron Cloud – Two Dogs, Native Community Advocate/Volunteer for Healthy Children, Youth and Families
- Marta Miranda, The Center for Women and Families
- Taylor Code Maxie Jr., Street Poets
- Binnie Lehew, Iowa Department of Public Health
Materials from Session 1:
Materials from Session 2:
Materials from Session 3:
By the end of the series, participants will be able to
- Identify potential cross-sector partnerships for their agency or organization.
- Identify joint strategies ripe for partnership.
- Utilize tools such as the Collaboration Multiplier to guide their collaboration process, increase efficiency, and expand impact.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.