Peer Learning Forum – Improving our Practice: Evaluating Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts.
Participation in the Peer Learning Forum is restricted to state and territorial RPE grantees, state DELTA FOCUS grantees, state/territorial sexual violence coalitions and state/territorial domestic violence coalitions.
11:00am – 12:30pm PST
2pm- 3:30pm EST
(Please note: Because this is for a restricted audience, your registration request must be approved. You may, therefore, receive an email asking you to confirm your status as a member of one of the grant programs mentioned above.)
Peer Learning Forums are PreventConnect’s online forum for sexual violence and domestic violence prevention practitioners to learn from each other to strengthen their prevention work. The Peer Learning Forum is designed to go deeper into prevention topics in a series of three web conferences with a targeted audience. Peer Learning Forums include use of online resources such as podcasts and eLearning units.
Join us for the 1st Peer Learning Forum of 2015, Improving our Practice: Evaluating Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts. This series of three web conferences will focus on tools and tips for prevention, specifically exploring how to provide evaluation training and technical assistance to local prevention programs and projects. Together, we will discover tools from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Sexual Violence Resource Center, and other helpful sources. Get ready to learn, participate and practice with your peers!
Session three winners are Beth Malchus and Kat Monusky!!!
By the end of the series, participants will be able to
- Identify at least 1 use for EvaluACTION in their training and technical assistance efforts.
- Identify at least 1 use for NSVRC’s evaluation tool in their training and technical assistance efforts.
- Describe how they plan to incorporate evaluation into their training and technical assistance plans.
Improving our Practice: Evaluating Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts
- Session 1: Monday, February 23, 2015 – Slides [PDF] | Recording [click here] | Text Chat [PDF]
- Session 2: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 – Slides [PDF] | Recording [click here] | Text Chat [PDF]
- Session 3: Monday, March 30, 2015 – Slides [PDF] | Recording [click here]
All sessions will take place 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern Time (1:00-2:30pm Central Time; 12pm-1:30 Mountain Time; 11:00pm – 12:30pm Pacific Time; 10:00 – 11:30am Alaska Time; 9:00 -10:30am Hawaii Time). If you were unable to register for session 1 (and therefore all three sessions), please email [email protected] to request registration.
Hosts: Ashley Maier, MSW, MPA & David S. Lee, MPH – PreventConnect, CALCASA
Facilitator: Ashley Maier, MSW, MPA – CALCASA
- Greta Massetti, Ph.D., Associate Director for Science, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Diane M. Hall, Ph.D., MSEd., Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jennifer Grove, National Sexual Violence Resource Center
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.
Leave a Reply