Fostering School Environments that Prevent Teen Dating Violence and Sexual Harassment
With a growing evidence-base around interventions like Shifting Boundaries that focus on improving school environments to prevent teen dating violence and sexual violence, practitioners are implementing efforts that not only involve classroom lessons, but also focus on school-wide changes. Practitioners are working at the individual, relationship and community levels to comprehensively improve school climate and build environments that support safety for students and school staff. Join us for this web conference where we will dive deeper into what infrastructure is needed to implement comprehensive school-based violence prevention and how practitioners are going about this.
- Explore how to build the infrastructure needed to implement comprehensive school-based violence prevention (e.g. building school partnerships).
- Describe real-world examples of how practitioners and advocates are changing school environments through policies and practices.
- Engage in a dialogue about how to make change in school environments for violence prevention.
FACILITATOR: Alisha Somji, Prevention Institute
- Web Conference PowerPoint slides [PDF]
- Text Chat transcript [PDF]
- Web Conference Guest Profile Fostering school environments that prevent teen dating violence and sexual harassment: Comprehensive prevention in California [PDF]
- Alaina Star, SafeQuest Solano
- Mina White, Safe and Active Communities Branch, California Department of Public Health