Toward a Community Solution: Advancing Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women
February 16, 2006
Presenters: Larry Cohen and Rachel Davis, Prevention Institute
Host: David Lee, Prevention Connection
This web conference sets the foundation for Prevention Connection Web Conferences. The Spectrum of Prevention is introduced as a strategy to change norms to prevent violence against women. This web conference is a repeat of the March 17 and June 9, 2005 web conferences.
- Understand why norms change is an important outcome.
- Understand how primary prevention approaches can add value.
- Have an initial understanding of the Three Keys to Preventing Violence Against Women.
- Understand how the Spectrum of Prevention can be used to develop comprehensive strategies.
- Experiment with the use of technology to promote interactive learning.
Conference Transcripts and Recordings