All Communities are Not Created Equal: Advancing health equity goals to enhance sexual and domestic violence prevention efforts
Thursday, June 26, 2014
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
Host: David Lee and Ashley Maier, CALCASA, PreventConnect
- Annie Lyles and Sandra Viera, Prevention Institute
- Dawn Stover, Executive Director, Native Alliance Against Violence
- Dalila Butler, Senior Associate, PolicyLink
- Slides [PDF]
- Text chat [posted before session]
- Recording [click here to access]
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe a health equity approach and identify at least one health equity issue relevant to their existing efforts.
- Discuss barriers to equity within their work.
- Identify prevention strategies that work to prevent sexual and domestic violence and promote health equity.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.
Leave a Reply