PreventConnect Campus: Comprehensive Prevention on College Campuses
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
11am Pacific Time, 2pm Eastern Time
New in 2016, PreventConnect Campus is offering a series of web conferences and other online resources to advance the prevention of sexual and domestic violence on college campuses. Join us for the first web conference in the series as we bring together prevention professionals working on college and university campuses across the country to further the discussion of intentional, strategic and comprehensive prevention.
Sexual and interpersonal violence on college and university campuses is a complex issue requiring collaboration and integrated approaches to prevention. To have the greatest impact, campus prevention programs must use a comprehensive approach. Learn how campuses can maintain consistent and intentional prevention across a variety of programs and initiatives through discussion with our guests. Guests from a campus-based program and a community-campus partnership will join us to explore components of their comprehensive interpersonal violence prevention strategies.
By the end of this web conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe the elements of comprehensive prevention on college and university campuses
- Identify components of comprehensive prevention strategies on college and university campuses
- Identify next steps to strengthen the comprehensiveness of their campus prevention work
- Describe how campus and community partnerships play a role in a comprehensive approach to violence prevention
Host/Facilitator: Ashleigh Klein, MPA, PreventConnect and CALCASA
- Lee Helmken, MPH, CHES, Health Educator,Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rhonda Jackson, LICSW, Counselor, Shepherd University
- Jess Lanciano, Area Director, Shepherd University
- Katie Spriggs, BSW, Program Manager,Shenandoah Women’s Center
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online workshop by watching a presentation on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing presenters through your telephone.PreventConnect web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides from our website and listen on your phone.
Real-Time Captioning Available:
Instructions for accessing captioning during this web conference will be provided with your registration confirmation.
The iLinc web conference software used by Prevent Connect is compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Click here for detailed system requirements.
Leave a Reply