Intimate Partner Violence in the United States — 2010: Implications for Prevention
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
In February 2014, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a new report, Intimate Partner Violence in the United States — 2010, describing the prevalence and context of intimate partner violence(IPV) victimization using data from the 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS). Findings discuss IPV victimization, frequency, severity, patterns, need for services, and impacts to more fully convey this public health burden. In the web conference, CDC’s Matt Breiding will describe the findings of the report. We will then explore the implications for prevention of domestic violence, sexual violence and dating violence.
- Matthew Breiding, Ph.D., Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Janelle Moos, CAWS North Dakota and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention Council
- Intimate Partner Violence in the United States – 2010
- Slides [PDF]
- Text chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- describe the findings from the CDC’s report Intimate Partner Violence in the United States — 2010
- identify three implications for prevention from this report
- describe next action step informed by data from this report
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.