Introducing PreventIPV: Tools for social change
Monday, June 23, 2014
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
This webinar will introduce PreventIPV, a project of the IPV Prevention Council. PreventIPVactively supports a unified national prevention movement promoting best practice strategies, tools, and lessons learned by state/territory coalitions and community-based prevention programs across the United States. Participants will hear about two innovative prevention strategies that have been formally evaluated and found effective, and experience Tools for Social Change, an interactive web-based portal and compendium of IPV prevention resources.
- Deborah DeBare, Executive Director, Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Casey Keene, Online Resources and Education Manager, National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Annika Gifford, Senior Director of Policy and Research, National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Lorien Castelle, Director of Training, New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Steph Trilling, Senior Coordinator of Youth Programs and Clinician, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) and the BE SAFE Program
- Shanna Burns, Centre Manager, CAMH Centre for Prevention Science
- Katie Brooks, Research Associate, CAMH Centre for Prevention Science
- Slides [3 per page PDF] [2 per page PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe the goals, function and activities of PreventIPV
- Describe the utility of the Tools for Social Change website
- Describe how the National Resource Center’s Domestic Violence Evidence Project complements PreventIPV
- Identify key elements of two innovative prevention programs: BE SAFE and the Fourth R
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.