Harmful Gender Norms: How can alliances be built with queer (LGBTQ) movements to help prevent sexual and domestic violence more effectively?
Ensuring that prevention efforts reflect the diversity of a community is a fundamental part of a commitment to health equity. Join us in conversation about the necessity of engaging directly with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer community members at the decision-making table to truly enhance prevention outcomes. This webinar will address how alignment with LGBTQ movements and identities is a necessary component of countering the harmful aspects of gender norms that lead to sexual and domestic violence.
- Engage in a candid discussion around the necessity of engaging directly with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer community members at the decision-making table to truly enhance prevention outcomes.
- Share real world examples of alignment with LGBTQ movements and identities as a necessary component of countering the harmful aspects of gender norms that lead to sexual and domestic violence.
- Identify tools and resources to support alliances between and with queer (LGBTQ) movements and sexual and domestic violence prevention efforts.
- Recording [Click here]
- Chat transcript [PDF]
- Slides [PDF]
- Web Conference Summary [PDF]
- Additional Resources provided by Liat Wexler:
Facilitator: Myesha Williams, Program Coordinator, Prevention Institute
- Liat Wexler, Training Specialist, Center for Community Solutions
- Lolan Buhain Sevilla, Community Organizer
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.