Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on relationships for students in middle school: Lessons learned from implementing a sexual harassment/violence prevention program
June 20, 2013
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on relationships for students in middle school is an evidence-based, multi-level prevention program for middle school students on sexual harassment and precursors to dating violence. The program is unique in that it embraces an environmental approach that identifies multiple strategies to support young people – both school-wide interventions and classroom lessons. Join this conversation to learn about the program’s multiple strategies, to reflect on the lessons learned from implementing the program, and to review findings of a multi-year study of the program.
Host: David Lee, CALCASA, PreventConnect
- Nan Stein, Ed.D., Senior Research Scientist, Wellesley College Center for Research on Women, Wellesley Centers of Women
- Meg Bossong, Manager of Community Engagement, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Jen Przewoznik, Prevention Education Coordinator, North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Shifting Boundaries Curriculum [Click here to download]
- Shifting Boundaries Posters [click here to download]
- Flirting or Hurting DVD (used in Shifting Boundaries) [click here to purchase]
- Shifting Boundaries Evaluation Report – 1 page summary [Click here to download]
- Shifting Boundaries Evaluations Report – 322 page full report [Click here to download]
- Slides [PDF]
- Text chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
- Learn the research, evaluation results, and programming objectives of Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on relationships for students in middle school.
- Engage with the presenters about implementation results.
- Recognize some of the challenges and opportunities of program implementation in k-12 schools, particularly as they relate to Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on relationships for students in middle school.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.
[…] Tuesday, Dr. Nan Stein gave a training about implementing her evidence-based prevention program, Shifting Boundaries: Lessons on relationships for students in middle school. In the training, we got to walk through […]