Prevention Works: Foundations in Prevention
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
11 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
(2 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern)
Interested in preventing sexual and domestic violence in your community? Want to engage in a discussion about the underlying causes of sexual and domestic violence and understand how to effectively address these root causes? Join Prevention Institute’s Annie Lyles along with special guests for this introductory web conference reviewing the fundamentals of a public health approach to preventing violence. Highlighting promising, innovative practices, they will discuss how to use the Spectrum of Prevention to create comprehensive strategies to address this complex issue. This web conference will also focus on five norms that make sexual and domestic violence more likely to occur and share strategies to effectively shift norms and prevent violence.
Host: David Lee and Ashley Maier, CALCASA, PreventConnect
- Annie Lyles, Prevention Institute
- Sangeetha Ravichandran, Girls/Friends Program Coordinator, A Long Walk Home,Inc.
- Patrick Rioux, Manager of Communications,
- Slides [PDF]
- Text chat [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a public health approach to preventing sexual and domestic violence.
- Articulate the differences between primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and provide examples of effective primary prevention strategies.
- Engage in a candid discussion about how to shift the five identified norms that contribute to sexual and domestic violence.
What is a Web Conference?
A web conference is an opportunity to attend an online presentation by watching a slides on your computer screen (using your internet connection) and hearing the presenters through your telephone. Our web conferences feature an opportunity to participate in an online question & answer sessions and live text chat between participants. If for some reason you are unable to join on your computer, you can download the presentation slides and listen to the presentation on your telephone.
Real-Time Captioning Available
Instructions for accessing real-time captioning will be provided after registration.
Leave a Reply