Enhancing Campus Sexual Assault Prevention Efforts Through Situational Interventions
Situational prevention is a largely unaddressed level of prevention intervention. Situational prevention, which emphasizes reducing the environmental opportunities for violence to take place, has a critical importance within a comprehensive sexual violence prevention approach.
In February 2020, a report, Enhancing Campus Sexual Assault Prevention Efforts through Situational Intervention, will be released. In this web conference, the report’s authors will share the methodology developed that can be used across a range of college and university settings to: identify specific campus spaces perceived to be unsafe; identify multiple dimensions within those spaces that contribute to safety concerns and create perpetration opportunities; and generate place-based strategies that can address those environmental conditions. Campus prevention practitioners will share their experiences in implementing situational prevention efforts.
- Describe the theoretical approaches used to inform this situational prevention methodology
- Identify the essential elements of a Situational Prevention methodology
- Identify potential environmental opportunities to prevent sexual violence in college campus settings
- Engage in a discussion with report authors and campus situational prevention practitioners
- Web conference PowerPoint slides [PDF]
- Text Chat transcript [PDF]
- Download the report [link]
- Safer party spaces flyer from Williams College [image]
HOSTS/FACILITATORS: David S. Lee & Ashleigh Klein-Jimenez, PreventConnect and CALCASA
- Holly Rider-Milkovich, Senior Director of Impact & Education, EVERFI
- Tammy Meredith, PhD, Applied Research Services, Inc.
- JP Przewoznik, Founder, Switchback Consulting
- Meg Bossong, Director, Sexual Assault Prevention and Response, Williams College
Intend to access at a later time/date if possible.
I’m very interested in this webinar but have a conflict, will it be made available for viewing at a later date?
Hi Stacey, this web conference will be recorded and archived. It will be available on this webpage in the coming weeks.
Great – thanks very much.